Thursday, June 5, 2008

Tilling the soil


This page from the real-life scrapbook of Mrs. Puljak's class looked like an appropriate choice to accompany today's writing update. The words beneath the first photo read: "These are our rows before the gardener." Beneath the second photo the line reads: "This is the tiller composte that we use in our garden." The writing journey of "The Pilgrim's Basket" feels a bit like these photos right now.
I've been informed that June is the month for preliminary edits to take place. I am looking forward to communicating with the editor in order to make "The Pilgrim's Basket" as heart-filled and action motivating a story as it can be. As of today the story is somewhere between the gardener and the tiller. I'm praying that God in his gardening wisdom will nurture the idea he planted clearly through this phase.
I am reminded that this preparation of the soil will later yield growth and a bountiful harvest. I look forward to seeing what the final illustrated, published book will become. I am anxious to see growth sprout from the seed the gardener is nourishing right now.